CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Jack

Wednesday, January 26, at 3:59pm, Jack William Rogers, made is arrival into this world and our family. The day started at about 530am, when I woke up (or got out of bed, after not sleeping all night). I got ready or as much as you can when you know you are going to go have a baby, ate some Life cereal, and dropped Ty off at Flo's house (his old sitter). We made our way to the hospital, checked in and finally got to our "birthing" room at about 620. After answering what seemed to be a million questions, I was given Cydatec, a drug/pill that is place inside your cervix to help ripen and dilate it. This "pill" has to stay in for 4 hours, and then you can be checked again, so see what progress has been made. When they first put it in, I was at 3cm, and about 50% effaced. After 4 hours, I was to a 4, and closer to 75% effaced. Thankfully progress had been made so they didn't have to place another "pill" in me. (They can do this up to 4 times!!!!!) Gail, my midwife, decided since I made progress, that she would break my water to try to help move things along. After she broke my water, and we did a few other natural "things" to get labor started, I was having contractions 2 minutes apart. This was at about noon. So I was officially in labor, and we were going to have this baby!!! I decided to get an epidural, but it def didn't work as well as mine did with Ty, but at least it did help dull the pain! Finally at about 3:50 (not really sure the time), Gail told me that we were ready to start pushing! I pushed twice (or two contractions) and Baby Jack was born!!!! Literally, he about fell out of me!!! Since he came through the birth canal so fast, he has 2 blood spots in his eyes, his face was bruised, and he has broken blood vessels on top of his head! (I guess babies like to come out slowly!!!) I was thankful it went so fast, Jack not so much!!! Either way, he is a healthy baby boy, and we are so blessed to have him in our lives!
Baby Jack.... 8 lbs, 20.5 inches long

First picture with mommy and daddy!

My boys! I love them so much!!!

Playing with Ty on the bed

A sleeping baby, something Jack LOVES to do! I actually have to wake him every 3-3.5 hours to feed him! This is a blessing, but also makes feeding very hard, because he want to go back to sleep! We'll see how long it lasts before he "wakes" up!




1 comment: