It all started with some Mexican food with friends. After dinner, about 10pm, I felt like I had a really bad stomach ache. My stomach was making noises and truly rumbling. At first I thought nothing of it and was even talking on the phone with a friend from Tuscon. Then the pains kept coming and getting worse. After talking with Teena and my mom we decided I should probably go to the hospital and get checked. So off we went around 1115pm. Once we got there they hooked me up to some monitors, and did a check. I was 3 cm. In order to get admitted you have to show progression within an hour. So we waited. As we waited the contractions were about 2 minutes apart and VERY painful. Chad was timing them on his watch and reminding me of when they were coming....(he enjoyed that part, ha ha, I not so much!!). Finally, I got checked again and was 4cm. They admitted me and called the anesthesiologist. Both my midwife and anesthesiologist arrived at the same time, so I didn't get checked again until after the epidural. When she checked me I was already 8cm. So from 4-8cm in a little over an hour!!!!! Once I got the epidural, we had a little excitement with my blood pressure and the babies heart rate. They told me that he was under some stress since I was progressing so fast. The same time all this was happening, I was also given a shot of something to slow down the contractions. Well that worked, because I was then stuck at 9cm for about 2 hours. Finally at 6am I was given the OK to push. Tyler (Ty) Thomas Rogers was born at 622am, March 29, 2009. He was 6lbs. 15oz, 20" long.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment